Energica Motor Company is currently selecting electrical and electronic engineer, with previous experience in maintenance and diagnosis with CAN BUS system to be integrated in Energica staff.
- Provide rapid and accurate responses to partners’ troubleshooting and guarantee each issue is resolved in a timely and high quality manner by telephone, Skype and email (interpret needs and answer questions)
- Perform service regarding troubleshooting at client premises in case of anomalies
- Manage technical training courses for authorized dealers and technicians (headquarter/on site)
- Edit manuals and instruction for correct maintenance and diagnosis
- Performs Service Writing and Counsel
- Perform internal tests and equipment inspections, adjustments
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ensure accuracy of motorcycle parts manuals and pricing
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The candidate will always be supported and coordinated by the Parts & Service Coordinator figure. The candidate will have the headquarters of the Energica Motor Company in Italy, but the covered role will require trips abroad based on the requests and directions from management.
- Hi Level written and spoken English
- Available for business trip.
- Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules
- Proficiency with basic computer applications including ERP, MS Office Suite
- Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, diagnostic equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions required
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
- Represent the Company with top level professional integrity and appearance as a Service Manager
- Driver licence (motorcycles and cars)
Other skills and competences
- Experienced with a proven history in electric vehicles.
- Previous experience in maintenance and diagnosis with CAN BUS system
- Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology or equivalent experience preferred. in lieu of a degree, the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Associate’s degree or previous experience in the power sports industry
- Previous history with electrical motors
- Service Manager and Service Advisor experience
- Must be customer-focused and service-oriented
- Must have extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Highly analytical approach to problem analysis and problem-solving with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multi-task on several projects and collaborate with groups and partners of various technical skill levels
- Able to prioritize projects and escalate issues to the appropriate parties as necessary
- Maximum age for applying 35 years